It is always exciting to indulge in outdoor activities, especially if it gives you the much needed adrenaline rush.
One such activity is that of longboarding. If you are new to longboarding, and wish to know more about this activity.
This space here will provide you with all the information you need to know on this energy oriented and excitement generating activity.
Longboarding is nothing but a kind of skateboarding, where you are on a longboard with wheels.
The entire process of using it is very simple. It provides you a smooth ride, more like a smooth sailing.
You can use longboards to move around short distances. It can give you the much-needed rush while you are skating through the streets.
Longboards have gained immense popularity in the markets, which is why many leading brands are launching these boards.
When you scan through the markets, you will come across best longboards for 2020 dealing in this kind of product.
Read more: Best Youth Baseball Bats
Top 3 Best Longboard Reviews of 2020
|Atom Drop Through Longboard – 40 Inch||Sector 9 Blue Wave Lookout||The Quest Super Cruiser Longboard|
|Bearings:||ABEC 9||ABEC 5||Super fast ABEC 7|
|Check more||Check more||Check more|
Different Types of Longboards
Before heading on to more details pertaining to different kinds of longboards, it is vital to note that longboards come in different types.
First kind is the pintail design, which is more like a teardrop that offers you a smooth ride.
Secondly, another popular design is drop through deck design, where in the deck is positioned in a manner that the installed trucks help you cruise along.
Thirdly, the hybrid boards come with wheel cutouts, which allow you to sail through the turnings especially with the razor sharp angles.
Best Longboards Reviews
If you are new to longboarding, the following longboard reviews on the Best Longboards currently available in the market can be of great help to you.
It will give you a deeper insight on the features and specifications, in turn helping you know more about longboarding. In turn, it will allow you to take better and suitable decision on the most suitable longboard for you.
Sector 9 Mens Pinnacle Lookout Complete Skateboard
Sector 9 longboard, The Drop-Thru Lookout Bamboo Green Wave is a highly rated premium longboard that has a length of 42 inches.
The board is made from 100% renewable bamboo with CNC drop across the assembly.
The rides on 10-inch longboard Gullwing Charager trucks and 74mm Nineball wheels. The use of wheels 74mm rather than 70mm wheels commonly used longboard allows to reach faster speeds required in the downhill slopes. The following is a list of key features that make this area stand out board 9.
Drop-Thru Green Wave long board from Sector 9 is one precisely made standard board that eases the urban riding for its user.
This product uses all the quality and authentic components developed especially by Sector 9 itself.
Read on further to collect the complete details and faqs of this Longboard.
The Good Stuff:
- Large trucks Robust and compact design Versatile riding Powerful grip Drop includes CNC Mont Thanks Bamboo bridge slightly flex Deck is rigid and can withstand a heavy load Green Wave beautiful graphics Affordable Smooth ride The clear positioning of the handle provides secure feet for safe riding.
- One thing you should always look for in a board is its ability to grow with you. After all, if you make an investment longboard when you are just a beginner, it will be beneficial if you can still use this advice when your skill level has increased.
- In addition, this reliable card is great for cruising, downhill slopes, sliding and free-riding, making it the perfect companion for longboard a diverse group of riders.
The Bad Stuff:
- Some customers complained that they received white rims, although the green wheels longboard announced.
- Bearings may need to be upgraded for better performance.
Atom Drop Through Longboard – 40 Inch
Amongst the finest brands for longboards, Atom is a renowned name, one that appeals to the masses. Many longboard riders love to go with this brand specifically because of the top quality product it offers.
This product in particular is one of the finest in the offering. It comes with an all bamboo body along with graphics making it a very stylish design. Besides this, the 40-degree base trucks makes you cruise through the streets and bents easily.
- Offers immense stability
- Low lying deck for high-end performance
- Maple deck with full lamination
- Axles of 245 mm
- 70×51 mm wide wheels
- 9 bearings
Summary about Atom Drop Through Longboard – 40 Inch
This high performance longboard is definitely worth your money, it is a durable product, which will fetch you the finest longboarding experience of your life.
Consumers who have bought this product seem to love every bit of their experience with it. Reviews suggest that most of them loved this longboard.
The Good Stuff:
- There are plenty people who simply love their longboard experience with this Atom board. Its laminate deck is one of its unique selling points because it adds on to its overall appeal.
- Besides this, it comes with urethane wheels, which make you boarding experience a lot, better compared to its contemporaries.
- Last but not the least, this product comes for a very good price. For what you pay, you get a highly durable product, ensuring you an excellent riding experience.
The Bad Stuff:
- Speaking of cons, a common concern for some people is that this longboard can display sliding problems.
- For beginners, this may not be such a big problem because they are still getting used to the boarding experience, but for experienced people, they do not like their boards to face sliding problems.
- Another problem with this longboard is that its trucks start to give in with the passing time.
- Compared to other longboards they wear off in a mere few months, which is indeed disappointing.
The Quest Super Cruiser Longboard
This Artisan bamboo deck from Quest is one beauty to look for. Designed with maple hardwood, this longboard helps you crusing in style. Read through the further article to grab the absolute knowledge of this longboard from Quest.
Benefit of customer when using this product:
There are two main reasons why this skateboard is the best on Amazon. One is the strength of the board that passes any wrecks or uneven surfaces without any damage to the board or the rider and is extremely simple to ride even for the beginners.
Second is the price of the board that is termed by all its buyers as affordable in relation to the set of features and values it offers.
Review Summary about The Quest Super Cruiser Longboard
Quest Artisan Bamboo Skateboard is an amazing 44 inch longboard for a nice board walk around the town.
With multiple ply hardwood maple and bamboo deck, the look of the board is pleasing and offers durability and strength as it is build up with strong materials and wood.
It is a perfect medium to walk through the streets in style with the original and unique graphics.
The manufacturer is prominently known for their investment in new technologies and expert opinion while building theses skateboards, so you can be rest assured about the quality and life of this product.
The Good Stuff:
- Strong metal trucks strengthening the base
- Bamboo enhancing the deck look
- Cheaper as compared to other boards with similar features
- Can be bought by beginners and experts
- Extremely sturdy to get through the uneven surfaces very smoothly
The Bad Stuff:
- Although there are a few cons like it is not suitable for sharp turns, or bushings are not that strong or it is slightly heavier for carrying it for long distances, the values and comfort that it offers is much more that does not let the pinch of these factors impact the customer’s overall riding experience.
What to Look for Best Longboards For Beginners?
If you are buying a longboard for the first time, it may seem like a task especially when there are so many best longboard in the market.
Following are pointers explaining step-by-step procedure to buy the Best Longboards For Beginners.
Look for the Best Longboards For Beginners
It is an obvious fact that the markets are filled with umpteen longboard brands, but the task is to narrow it down to the Best Longboards For Beginners .
You can do so with some research work on the internet. The World Wide Web provides you with information on all kinds of products and services, longboards being no exception.
Knowing What You Want from the Longboard
It so happens that people overlook this criterion before buying a longboard and if unsatisfied they do not know the reason behind it.
Some longboards do perfect cruising while the others are meant for the skate park.
In addition to this, they come in different sizes as well.
Therefore, you have to know what you expect from a skateboard and choose accordingly.
Consult a Friend
When you are part of a friend circle where many are into longboarding, you can seek advice from them on picking the best longboard for you.
Surely not every longboard is going to be the best longboard for you.
Therefore, knowing the basics about it, noting what they have to suggest, including that in your quest for the best longboard for you is definitely a good idea.
Next important criteria in picking the most suitable longboard is to go in for the best shape.
You are bound to enjoy your experience with longboards only when you get to the right shape.
There are different shapes in longboards, as mentioned earlier. You get to choose from pintail, hybrid, drop through deck design etc.
Length of the Longboards
While you have the brand and other basic criteria set, work on an essential criteria associated with picking a longboard, which is its length.
Balance plays a vital role while using longboards and it is vastly associated with length.
You must note that with the length increasing, maneuverability will be decreasing. Therefore, know of your potential and choose the right length.
Width Of Best Longboards
While length holds immense importance, the same goes with the width as well. For people with big feet, you at least need a 9-inch wide board. So, make sure you settle for the right width.
While many thing stiff longboards are most suitable, the fact is contradictory to it.
In fact, you need flex boards because you do not feel the bumps as much as you would feel on stiff boards. Secondly, heavy built must look for suitable flex boards as they are usually limited options for it as compared to light weight people.
You must pick a longboard that appeals to you the most.
Given that longboards generally come with graphics on it, you have umpteen designs or artwork to choose from. Therefore make sure you pick the best of the lot.