Many people are trying to live healthier and happier in the 21st century. As a result, they are turning a critical eye to their diet and adjusting what they eat to find a better balance for themselves and their families.
In particular, incorporating more fish into their diet is fast becoming a priority, primarily because fish are high in protein and low in fat.
Basa fish are also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for their health benefits. These health benefits include maintaining the cardiovascular system and possibly helping with depression and even the effects of old age.
The following healthy fish recipes all feature basa fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
Check more: Swordfish Recipes
Top 5 Basa Fish Recipes
Basa Fish Poached in Cider
A great way to prepare your basa fish with a distinctive flavor by poaching in apple cider was recently presented in Endzonescore. Served with steamed green beans and /or small potatoes is a quick and easy recipe.
- 1 small onion
- 5 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound of basa fish filets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of Apple Cider
- 1/4 cup of Apple brandy
Instructions How To Cook Basa Fish
- Peel and mince the onion and place in a large skillet with the melted butter using medium heat (@250 degrees).
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 – 7 minutes until the ingredients are translucent.
- Cut the basa fish filets into medium size pieces and season them with salt and pepper or even a little McCormick’s lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Arrange the fish in the skillet in a single layer and move the onions and mushrooms around the fish.
- Cook for a couple of minutes then add the cup of Apple Cider and the Apple Brandy.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 more minutes.
- Transfer the basa fish to a deep serving dish and keep warm, leaving the liquid in the skillet.
- Increase the heat to 375 degrees and add another tablespoon of butter. Stir in order to reduce the sauce slightly. Taste basa fish and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Pour this sauce over the fish, add the vegetables and potatoes.
Should take no more than 30 minutes to prepare for Basa Fish Poached in Cider. Takes a lot less time to consume. Real tasty! Enjoy.
Basa Fish Stew Recipe
A stew is an incredible food that mixes various flavors and it’s very easy to prepare. For a stew you can use any meat of fish, as you like, and you can use almost any vegetable combination you can think of.
Usually a stew is made with white or red meat but remember a fish stew is also absolutely delicious. Now, let’s see a recipe for a French fish stew.
Ingredients (for six persons)
- 1,5 kg of basa fish
- 3 tablespoons of plain flour
- 225g of smoked bacon
- 4 tablespoon of best butter
- 225g of whole onions
- 4 finely chopped shallots
- 225g of chopped mushrooms
- 300ml of veal of chicken stock
- 120ml of good brandy
- 1l of red wine
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Garlic bread
- Ground black pepper and salt
Instructions How To Cook Basa Fish Stew Recipe
- First, you must remove the fins and the head of the fish and cut the fish into slices. Take the fish and put it into a plastic food bag. Fill it half with flour, season it with salt and pepper and shake it.
- Now, take a large pan and melt in it the butter over a medium heat. When the butter is melted you must add the coated fish pieces and brown it on both sides.
- After that you must add bacon, onion and shallots and cook them until golden for 10-12 minutes. Next, you must put the chopped mushrooms and stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the red wine and the brandy, boil everything and simmer for no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Empty the chicken stock or veal, bouquet garni and garlic, boil once again and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the basa fish from the pan and keep it hot until you serve it. Mix the remaining flour with some water and stir it well into the pen for five minutes after you add once again the fish.
This delicious dish is served with garlic bread. Bon appétit.